The Mega V takes small CNC to industrial level speeds thanks to its powerful motors, rack and pinion drive system, and its Mega V bearing rollers and custom Mega V extrusion. The bearing plates are precision cut from heavy duty 1/4” steel. These components are twice as thick as what many competitors use.
We combined these premium features with high performance NEMA 23 motors with more than double the holding torque of some other machines in the class! We marry these motors to large digital stepper motor drivers and a 48VDC power supply that maximizes the performance of the motors.
The super rigid frame and premium drive system combine for unmatched performance. The Mega V rapid traverses at 650 inches per minute (16,510 mm/minute) on the X and Y axes, giving a diagonal traverse rate of almost 920 inches per minute (23,368mm/minute). We have even tested the system to diagonal traverse rates exceeding 1,800 inches per minute! We literally had to slow the Mega V down to keep it from being “too fast”. Just as importantly, the Mega V has the power to accelerate very quickly. It goes from a full stop to full rapid in a flash. With a maximum cutting rate of 500 inches per minute (12,700 mm/minute), the Mega V can cut more than twice as fast as some other machines can rapid traverse.
The Mega V is in high demand. An order placed now will not ship until April. Our system will charge your card now.
The Mega V Plasma version comes with the Mega V machine kit in the 35×35 version, pre-welded steel water table with work support slats, and breakaway mount. You will need to supply your own suitable blow-back start plasma torch and a suitable air compressor. The machine will not be able to make plasma cuts without one. We recommend the Hypertherm Powermax45 XP wiht machine torch. We will supply a pre-wired machine control box that comes with torch on/off and torch height control signals. You must be able to take these signals to your plasma cutter. If you do not have a plasma cutter that allows for CNC control, you must be prepared to wire the on/off directly to the torch trigger. Pictures show a torch (not included)
Available options include a rotary 4th axis ($469) with 1″ OD clamping capacity, homing switches ($40), and a router hybrid kit ($379) that provides a DWP611 router, router mount, and an MDF bed for routing, supported by extrusion, that saddle clamps to the water table. With that option, you have two machines in one!
- Movement Range, Standard Model: 485mm x 500mm x 95mm (19”x19.6”x3.75”)
- Movement Range, XL Model: 890mm x 890mm x 95mm (35”x35”x3.75”)
- X and Y Rail Dimension: 100mm x 60 mm with up to 8mm thickness (3.94” x 2.36”; up to 0.315” thick)
- Z Rail: MGN15 Linear Profile Rails
- Bearing Wheel: 40mm Acetron (1.57”) with dual 608-2RS bearings
- Router: 120V 1.25 Horsepower DeWalt DWP611
- Power Requirement: 120V.
- Homing Switches: X, Y, Z
- Electronics box: Laser Cut, brake bent, welded, pre-solder, and pre-assembled
- Bearing Plates: Precision Cut 6.35mm (0.25”) Steel
- X Axis Total Motor Torque: 270 ounce/inch
- Y Axis Total Motor Torque: 540 ounce/inch
- Z Axis Total Motor Torque: 270 ounce/inch
- A Axis (Optional) Total Motor Torque: 270 ounce/inch
- Digital Stepper Driver Max Amperage: 4 Amps/phase
- X Axis Resolution: 0.013mm (0.0005”)
- Y Axis Resolution: 0.013mm (0.0005”)
- Z Axis Resolution: 0.005mm (0.0002”)
- A Axis (Optional) Resolution: 0.028 degrees
- X Axis No Load Accuracy and Repeatability: 0.025mm per 300mm (0.001” per 12”)
- Y Axis No Load Accuracy and Repeatability: 0.025mm per 300mm (0.001” per 12”)
- Z Axis No Load Accuracy and Repeatability: 0.0076mm per 100mm (0.0003” per 4”)
- A Axis (Optional) No Load Accuracy and Repeatability: 0.05 degrees per 360 degrees
- X Axis Rapid Rate: 16,510 mm/min (650 inches per minute)
- Y Axis Rapid Rate: 16,510 mm/min (650 inches per minute)
- Z Axis Rapid Rate: 4,570 mm/min (180 inches per minute)
- A Axis (Optional) Rapid Rate: 21,600 degrees/min
- Maximum Cutting Feed Rate: 12,700 mm/min (500 inches per minute)
- X Axis Acceleration: 0.15 G Force
- Y Axis Acceleration: 0.15 G Force
- Z Axis Acceleration: 0.07 G Force
- A Axis Maximum OD Chuck Capacity: 25.4mm (1”)
- X and Y Axis Drive Mechanism: Precision 20 Diametral Pitch Rack with Hardened Steel Pinion
- Z Axis Drive Mechanism: Lead screw with anti-backlash nut
- A Axis (Optional) Drive Mechanism: Closed loop GT2 Timing Belt
For designing and making tool paths, most of our customers use Fusion 360 from Autodesk. Autodesk provides free licenses to hobbyist users and small businesses making less than $100,000 in revenue. Please see their page for license specifics.