The Carve King 2 is a leap forward in affordable CNC. It builds on the years of customer feedback on our very successful original Carve King. The Carve King 2 has an upgraded frame design that increases rigidity, improved electronics allowing for 20% faster traverse speeds, and was re-designed to allow for easier assembly. The control board is also now compatible with our precision touch plate.
This kit (assembly required) includes the Carve King 2 components, router mount for Makita 1.25HP RT0701C (MAKITA ROUTER NOT INCLUDED. ONLY THE MOUNT IS INCLUDED), and basic clamps. The Makita RT0701C can be purchased on Amazon and big box hardware stores.
- All aluminum frame
- Custom aluminum extrusion in subframe
- Improved gantry bearing plate
- Trapezoidal stainless lead screws with POM anti-backlash nuts on every axis
- V channel rails with precision turned Acetron V wheels and double shielded bearings
- High torque NEMA 17 stepper motors with dual drive on the Y axis
- Custom made MillRight CNC control and interface boards connected to an Uno board running GRBL firmware
- Fan cooled and prewired electronics enclosure
- Drag chains for wire management
- Stainless steel work clamps included
- Homing switch kit
The software you need is free. Autodesk offers all hobbyists a free license (not a trial) for design software called Fusion 360. Note that Fusion no longer outputs rapid traverses for those on a free personal license, but you can easily overcome this with our G Code Rapidizer. You can control the machine with the MillRight CNC version of Universal G Code Sender, which is free on our resources page. We also sell Vectric and Easel software. Check out our software offerings at https://millrightcnc.com/product-category/software/