The Carve King is the new standard in affordable CNC machines. Its thoughtful design elements allow it to outperform the competition at a lower price.
This bundle includes the Carve King kit, DeWalt DWP611 1.25 horsepower router, our solid aluminum router mount, one 1/4″ carbide end mill, and basic clamps. This is all the hardware you need to get going. The vise shown on the table is not included.
The software you need is free. Autodesk offers all hobbyists a free license (not a trial) for design software called Fusion 360. Universal G Code Sender is a free program that is used to control the machine.
– Precision cut 1/4″ aluminum bearing plates
– Trapezoidal lead screws with anti-backlash nuts on every axis
– V Slot rails with rugged polycarbonate V wheels and double shielded bearings
– CNC routed, double-refined 3/4″ MDF frame
– High torque NEMA 17 stepper motors with dual drive on the Y axis
– T-Track extrusions in bed for superior clamping options
– Drag chains for wire management
– Uno USB controller board preloaded with Grbl control firmware
– Stepper driver shield and DRV8825 drivers
– 24V Volt, 120 Watt power supply
– Laser cut acrylic electronics enclosure with cooling fan
– Basic work clamps included
Available features (additional cost):
– Black King Starboard ST. A proprietary blend of marine board that is impervious to moisture and allows cutting fluids to simply wipe off.
– Homing switch kit that includes 3 snap switches, switch brackets, hardware, and wiring. Wire splicing and connector crimping required with this upgrade.