This bundle includes the M3 kit, DeWalt DWP611 1.25 horsepower router, our solid aluminum router mount, one 1/4″ carbide end mill, and basic clamps. This is all the hardware you need to get going.
The software you need is free. Autodesk offers all hobbyists a free license (not a trial) for design software called Fusion 360. Universal G Code Senderis a free program that is used to control the machine.
– Laser cut, anodized aluminum bearing plates
– V slot rails on X&Y axes with acetal V wheels
– Linear rods on Z Axis with linear bearing blocks
– CNC routed MDF frame
– High torque NEMA 17 stepper motors
– Steel motor mounts for the X & Y
– 9mm fiberglass reinforced GT2 timing belts
– Mechanically advantaged belt driven Z Axis for fast lifts
– Space efficient moving bed design
– Pronged tee nuts in the bed for easy work holding
– Generic Uno, USB controller board
– Grbl compatible stepper driver shield and DRV8825 drivers
– 24V Volt, 120 Watt power supply
Available features (additional cost):
– Black painting that is resistant to cutting oils and moisture.
– Black King Starboard ST. It has a great look and feel and is impervious to moisture and cutting fluids. (not pictured)
– Homing switch kits that include 3 snap switches, switch brackets, hardware, and wiring. Wire splicing and connector crimping required with this upgrade.
– Rigidity kit including two extra V wheels for the X axis plate and three #10 threaded rods for frame stiffening.
– Stage 2 rigidity kit includes the above plus brushed stainless steel bearing plates instead of anodized aluminum plates. The stainless plates are about THREE TIMES STIFFER than the aluminum plates.