CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT: JOSH at 396Maro.com
Not everyone is using their CNC for woodworking alone. Josh over at 396maro.com shows how a good machine and a great idea can help turn acrylic into an awesome product for car enthusiasts. Along with 3d printing, Josh is using his MillRight CNC Mega V to create custom automotive lighting for classic cars. Check out the pictures below to see some of the products he uses the Mega V to make. We always love seeing businesses thriving while using our machines in their processes.
- How did you get started in making stuff?
I got my feet wet in manufacturing goods playing with 3d printers and laser cutters to make cool car parts for myself while in college.
- What prompted you to get a CNC machine, and what MillRight machines are you using now?
I wanted to be able to make 3 dimensional objects and machine thick materials. I am currently using a MillRight MegaV.
- What was your learning curve with CNC?
I’ve played with a few CAD softwares back in high school and throughout college and became familiar with g-code with 3D printers. On that note, not much a learning curve.
- What is your favorite kind of project?
Definitely automotive projects, whether making lights or carving panels for interiors.
- What do you think is your best kind of work?
Currently the heat formed cnc engraved acrylic taillights.
- What is your best tip for CNC projects or CNC use in general?
Design your CAD models with the intention of ease of manufacturing.
- Did you think you would be this successful with CNC in the beginning?
I was determined to figure out how to run a CNC router so I could make cool car parts, so yes.
- What tips do you have for users to make money with their machines?
Find projects you are passionate about and enjoy working on
- Do you have a website or marketplace where you sell your work pieces?
- What advice would you give someone looking to get started with CNC?
Learn about the different CNC bits and why they are used.